– Limited Edition printing of 500
– Hard bound, Signed,10x11, smythe bound, quality paper, 98 tritone images with anecdotes
– Printed and bound locally, supervised by the artist
– Image titles in Rapanui, English and Spanish • map of island • glossary of Rapanui terms • Image thumbnail index with technical information
– Spanish translation of text beneath English
– Numbered and signed on the title page
– Includes signed original print printed book-page size. Cover image is default if no alternative request is made. If you want to make a one, simply check out the images in the Easter Island folio at jamescraigphotography.com and include your selection in the Comments box with your order or contact me in reference to your order.
eMail comments from book owners:
"I have looked at and read your book cover to cover. Wonderful piece of work. You have made the place come alive in a way the travel shows and brochures never did"
"What a wonderful book. When Juanita saw it she exclaimed "Oh wow", something she has NEVER said about any of the books I have written (and there have been quite a few. Of course, they are all math ….)"
"This morning I finally got the mailbox with your book. I have to say that the book is way much more impressive than I had thought"
"You go guy! I love the book"
"Wow, I love your book! So much work has gone into it – well done!"
"I just finished reading every word of your beautifully written book. It brought back wonderful memories of Suzanne's and my four days on the island last fall and provided a wonderful flavor of what a long-term stay would have been like."
If pre-ordering Volume II = COST + $10 if shipping anywhere in the U.S.
If pre-ordering the The Moon has been Eaten SET = COST of Volume 2 + $25 (for the first volume) + $10 if Shipping anywhere in the U.S.
~ Hand Numbered Printing of 500 ~
Easter Island ~ Isla de Pascua ~ Rapa Nui ~ Land of the Giant Statues
These B&W images are the result of over a year on the most isolated island on the planet. Created as full-sized exhibition pieces, they can now be found in my book: The Moon has been Eaten, each accompanied by anecdote – original prints are sold with a copy of its book anecdote attached to the back. Learn more about the project, view images, etc. at my site – jamescraigphotography.com
Easter Island Project Book
One of the images in the collection was taken during a total eclipse of the moon, the Rapanui phrase for which is also the title of the book.
Ko Kai 'A Te Mahina ~ Se comió la luna
The Moon has been Eaten
images from a year on easter island ~ imagenes de un año en las isla de pascua
Fine Art Coffee Table Book, 500 copies, signed, smythe bound, heavy paper, 98 tritone images, printed locally, includes small original print, iPad friendly pdf of book. More info…
The Moon has been Eaten
Images from a Year on Easter Island
I'm pulling together, for a sort of addendum book to The Moon has been Eaten, the fifty-some images in the Easter Island folio that didn't make the original book that came out in 2012. Many of these are my favorites.
This one will be print-to order digital printing / about 10x10 so the images will be presented about the same size. Both HB and PB will probably be offered. There will be a few Rapanui titles, but no Spanish. Pre-orders from those with the first volume will be at cost (plus $10 if shipped).
* If you already own a copy of The Moon has been Eaten and want this second volume, please reserve your copy – AT COST. I'm not sure what exactly that will be at this point, but I will be ordering – probably in late August – our copies, a small number that have to be given out and any pre-orders.
** Subsequently the two books, since I still have about half of the original printing of the first book, will be offered as a SET. Again, I am unable to quote what the price will be. However, for anyone interested in pre-ordering the SET at this point, I'm setting the pre-order combo price only at that given below – I'm trying to increase the size of this order to get the unit price down a little.
Either way, just contact me (at the top of the page here) and I will put you on the notification list…
From the Flyleaf (early draft):
"Since the printing of The Moon has been Eaten in 2012 I have added a number of images to the 98 in the original Easter Island portfolio. Some were either overlooked at the time or left out for specific reasons. A couple were shot with the iPhone camera and wouldn’t hold up to the size goals I set for the project, and a few more were shot on return trips to Easter Island to deliver books, taking advantage of the opportunity to fill in some gaps. In the end, if viewed as an independent entity, it makes for a pretty eclectic collection of B&W images. It is meant as an addendum or supplement to the main volume and completes my B&W portrait of Easter Island."
SEE BELOW – coming soon Volume II