A look back at my 1982 project
Acadoa – A Portrait is my forray into a different way to self-publish a book. Instead of a single printing of an edition, I am having it printed individually, on-demand.
From the book:
In 1982, inspired by the fact that I had won a few minor photography prizes, sold some of my work, did not enjoy cruising around looking for that disconnected great shot, and an article I read about a photographer who had pre-sold a series of images to promote and help finance a major excursion to Alaska, I determined to give the concept a try and scheduled a month’s leave from work to see what I could do in Acadia National Park in Maine.
• 8.5x11, 88 pages, Hard Bound, heavy paper
• Quality Lay-flat binding
• Dust Jacket – pictured above
• Forty Images
• Description of the project and short notes accompanying images
• Hand numbered and signed – printing will be limited to no more than 50.
• Original book-size image can be selected from folio pages at time of order
• Because on-demand printing is at this time so expensive and subject to waiting for coupon offers to order more, I'm offering the book at cost of these semi-regular specials: $79 w/free U.S. Shipping
Acadia – A Portrait $79.00
Be sure and remember to indicate your Original book-size, signed print selection in the comments box when purchasing through PayPal. Otherwise, simply send your choice via eMail.
FREE Download of E-book versions even if you don't purchase the Coffee-table version: HERE